The main conference venue is
Collegium Maius, Jagiellonian Univeristy
ul. Jagiellońska 15
Invited speakers will be accommodated at
Jagiellonian University Guest House
Guest House of the Jagiellonian University
ul. Floriańska 49
Phone/fax: +48 (12) 421 12 25; 429 17 87
Other participants are asked to make their own arrangements for accommodation. We recommend that participants book their accommodation as soon as possible, as September is still the peak tourist season in Kraków. For details of the large number of hotels in Kraków please consult the following useful website:
We recommend that you take one of the flights to Kraków (see the Kraków Airport web site). You can also fly to
Warszawa (Warsaw) and then continue by plane or by train to Kraków.
You can get from the Kraków Airport to the city centre by:
- shuttle train - the ticket costs 8 PLN and the travel takes 16 minutes. The Main Railway Station is within walking distance (5-10 minutes) from the Guest House.
- taxi - we recommend that you take a taxi marked with a telephone number starting from 19... and the name of the company (like Barbakan, Rotunda, Grosik, Partner or MPT 19191 which serve Kraków airport). The ride from the airport to the city centre should not exceed 60-70 PLN.
- bus - the ticket costs 3.50 PLN. Bus lines 208 and 292 can take you to the Main Bus/Railway Station (bus stop "Dworzec Główny Wschód").
Current exchange rates are:
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com
View 23rd Marian Smoluchowski Symposium, September 26-30 2010 in a larger map
Short legend (extended descriptions appear on clicking on the map):
- Collegium Maius, main conference venue
- Jagiellonian University Guest House
- Main Railway Station