Students and Participants
WHO MAY APPLY
Note that this is an advanced school.
Applicants are expected to work or study in theoretical
particle or high energy physics, mathematical physics or on other
subjects related to the topics of the School.
HOW TO APPLY
Individuals wishing to attend the School and not requesting financial support are kindly requested to contact the organizers by e-mail starting from March 14, 2016. Students and young researchers should provide a recommendation letter by a senior scientist from their institution.
Deadline for applications (pre-registration): April 15, 2016.
Note that not all applicants will be guaranteed to participate. Final decision will be announced by April 17. Successful applicants will be asked to register starting from April 18, 2016. Registration will close on May 8, 2016. Registration will be approved only upon receiving the conference fee of PLN 800 to be paid by the bank transfer to the School account, unless other arrangements will be made with individual applicants.
The total cost of the School is approximately PLN 1900 (i.e. an equivalent of Euro 450 depending on the rate of exchange) and consists of:
- Conference fee of PLN 800 (approximately Euro 200) covering participation in all School events, coffee breaks, conference bus from/to Krakow, a copy of the proceedings. Conference fee should be paid before May 1, 2016 by the bank transfer to the School account (with bank transfer costs covered by the participant). In special cases upon separate arrangement payment in cash in Zakopane will be possible.
- Hotel costs of approximately PLN 1100 (approximately Euro 250) covering board and lodging based on double room accommodation with another participant in the "Geovita" hotel where the School takes place. Board and lodging costs should be paid directly to the hotel in Zakopane (major credit cards accepted) at checkout.
Full conference fee will be charged also in the case of those participants who will not stay for the whole period of the School.
There is an additional fee of PLN 400 PLN (Euro 100) for single room accommodation. Due to the limited number of single rooms students requesting single room accommodation may have to stay in some other hotel within 10 min. walk from the conference site.
Accompanying person: PLN 1100 (Euro 250) paid directly to the hotel.
The organizers offer two international fellowships covering all local costs (both conference fee and hotel costs) for two outstanding young participants:
- Marian Miesowicz Fellowship sponsored by the AGH University of Science and Technology,
- Jan Kwiecinski Fellowship sponsored by the Institute of Nuclear Physics of Polish Academy of Sciences.
Applicants should be no more than 30 years old as of Januray 1, 2016. The Fellowships will be awarded based on applicants scientific achievements. Individuals wishing to apply for one of the above Fellowships should supply by mail (as one zipped file) the following material:
- CV including description of scientific interests,
- publication list,
- recommendation letter from a senior scientist from their institution
- title and abstract of the proposed seminar to be presented at the School (only students giving a seminar will be eligible to receive financial support),
- a letter with any other information relevant for evaluation of scientific achievements of the applicant.
Deadline for applications: April 3, 2016.
Decision will be announced by April 17.
In exceptional cases conference fee may be reduced to 450 PLN. Participants wishing to receive reduction of the conference fee should send an e-mail to the organizers justifying their request and a supporting letter from a senior scientist from their institution before April 3, 2016.
Students and young researchers are encouraged to present short (20 min.) talks on their work. If you wish to give a talk, please send us a short abstract and (if possible) references of published papers on which your talk will be based. Short presentations are linked to the School www page, but are usually not included in the proceedings.
For some non-EU citizens an entry Polish visa is required.
In that case a letter stating that the student's home institution will cover the costs of the School is required, before the official invitation letter will be sent to the applicant.
After receiving the official invitation letter please contact the nearest Polish Consulate.